Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/books.bargains.n.brands/

Monday, October 24, 2022

Run, Rose Run

Every song tells a story.

She's a star on the rise, singing about the hard life behind her.
She's also on the run: Find a future, lose a past.
Nashville is where she's come to claim her destiny. It's also where the darkness she's fled might find her. And destroy her.
🎸👢🎤🪕

I chose to give Run, Rose Run a listen because it was marked as thriller, suspense and mystery. And, who doesn't like Dolly Parton?! 😍 It only started to get a bit thrilling at Part 3. The focus has been on the Nashville music scene. The story is quite predictable, with scenes about stereotypical honky tonks and sleazy music producers you'd expect. But the witty dialogue of main characters AnnieLee, Ruthanna and Ethan is fun.
I'm enjoying Kelsea Ballerini cast as AnnieLee and the icon herself Dolly Parton narrating Ruthanna. I recently liked listening to Soneela Nankani narrate His Only Wife. Her formal voice with exact enunciation feels off here as the main narrator though. For the style of this book, her specific tone is not the right fit. I wonder why this part wasn't given to someone with a Tennessee twang. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Listening to a book about country music, you would expect the narrators to sing the song lyrics parts, right? It's disappointing they aren't.🧐
I figured there'd be some songs at the end to look forward to, but there aren't!😮‍💨
I'm at Part 4 now, and am compelled to continue to find out what happens to AnnieLee.
I've not read any of James Patterson's novels, they're not really my type. I'm afraid to say, this one doesn't make me want to read any more.
The album Run, Rose Run was released this March, and the movie is in pre-production, so country music fans can hear & see AnnieLee / Rose come to life. I'm curious and will check both out.
I haven't seen this on Booksta, has anyone listened to / read it?
I borrowed Run, Rose Run from the library (Overdrive). 
🎸👢🎤🪕
Until next time, 
~Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment