Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/books.bargains.n.brands/

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Such a Fun Age

Several of us on IG are really enjoying discussing Such a Fun Age.

@butbooksarebetter2 @danythebookworm_ @lindsaytravelingsister @tammyroos
@travelingfriendsreads @travelingsistersread @torontobibliophile
This timely topic about living in the racially charged times we're in is also classic, don't you think?

I must applaud narrator Nicole Lewis! She's incredible, a skilled actor who got all the fantastic dialogue down so that I can't imagine reading it. For me, this book is meant to be listened to.
When you've finished Such a Fun Age, join our discussion! There's so much to say about this book!

I'd like to discuss the controversial Kelley. So my question is:
Do you think Kelley fetishized black women? 
🚨 SPOILER alert in the comments! ⚠️
💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙💜💙
My response:
I think Riley wrote it in such a way to give us tidbits here & there, so she let us consider and decide for ourselves - which is superb writing! I think you can be attracted to who you are attracted to. Who's to say who you find attractive, what your type is? Is it automatic that everyone have an attraction to who looks just like them?

The rest of the chat is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8pZ_Ukgq-r/

Until next time,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment