Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/books.bargains.n.brands/

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Most Fun We Ever Had

I'm not sure I'd be enthusiastic reading 500 pages about this privileged family, but as an audio book, I was engaged and motivated to continue to hear how it would end.

Parents of 4 daughters Marilyn & David are that affectionate, loving couple we all envy. Nothing that's thrown their way can come between them, they remain crazy about each other throughout the years. Their thoughts & feelings did get repetitive towards the end though. We get it, they're madly in love!
Perfect daughter Violet had the biggest skeleton in her closet, making her imperfect and therefore interesting. She annoyed me to no end. I wanted someone to (figuratively) smack some sense into her over Jonah. Well done Claire Lombardo! Grace was just ridiculous, and Liza sad, both not as interesting as their older sisters Violet and Wendy.

The narration by Emily Rankin was wonderfully done, especially Wendy's character. She nailed the snooty, spoiled rich bitch voice I expected her to have.
It was the skilled narration and many moments of lovely prose that kept me going with this lengthy book, and made it awesome audio.
You know I've voted for this in the 2 categories it's nominated for in the Goodreads Choice Awards. 

Until next time,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment